|Chu Chu's Chow|
|Air Date: December 7, 2015||Episode Link|
|Previous Episode||Episode 40||Next Episode|
|Hosts: Arnie, Chunt, Usidore||Guests: Head Chef Leonard Cronkite|
|Producers: Arnie Niekamp, Evan Jacover, Ryan DiGiorgi|
|Editor: Chris Rathjen||Theme Music: Andy Poland||Episode Art: Tyler Canterbury|
|Audio Assistance: Jason Knox|
|Sponsored by: Emporium Arcade Bar via The Chicago Podcast Cooperative|
"We venture out of the Vermilion Minotaur for a meal at Chu Chu’s Chow! Not sure what they serve, but it’s got to beat spiced potatoes."
This week, the podcast is being recorded at Chu Chu's Chow, where Usidore is hard at work. Chunt kindly gives them a seat at the chef's table, and he begins to tell Arnie about the prix fixe menu he will be enjoying during the podcast. Usidore, meanwhile, is using this opportunity to tell customers about the battle against The Dark Lord.
The guest today is the head chef, Leonard Cronkite, a chef, who promptly names Arnie "Arby", honoring him. Leonard is a half-giant, whose lower half is giant, and upper half is human. He believes the lower half to be immortal, though he reaches this conclusion only by deduction. Amazingly, Leonard is from Earth, where he used to own a sandwich shop, and his father was Andre The Giant. Chunt tries stabbing him to find out if the lower half really is immortal, and even though it hurts a lot, no conclusion is reached. Arnie makes fun of Usidore, which possibly causes him to have a stroke (along with having just worked for three straight days without sleep).
After a break, Chunt apologizes for the stabbing, and Usidore says Leonard's logic is impeccable, based on the unmoving Mountains of Tréilfiel. Arnie then makes things more awkward by asking if Leonard has a giant's genitalia. They are discussing the difficulties of trouser bags when they are interrupted by the main course, an uncooked goat marinated in blood magically copied from Arnie's blood. Arnie seems unable to eat it. Leonard then gives out a couple recipes. Arnie asks how the restaurant makes any money, and it turns out they aren't and are actually in severe debt. However, no debtors would be willing to try and collect from a powerful wizard in a haunted purple bog. Leonard does have a huge penis.
Today's sponsor is Bungaree Chubbins, who is upset that Penhanigan's Pretty Potties are selling things like a diamond heart shaped turd box. He implores consumers to be sensible and purchase his turd boxes, which are shaped like boxes.
- A listener is completely enamoured with Chunt, almost as much as they are with statistics: so how often do men or women leave their partners for a night with Chunt?
- A biologist warns Chunt to stay away from the following monogamous species: Elephant shrews, old world beavers, prairie voles, common marmosets, grey wolves, and night monkeys.
- Netflix and chill?
- A listener loves all the Earth references and tells Arnie not to let Chunt be so mean.
- Arnie's brother-in-law, thinking the podcast is not real, wonders if Usidore has a trolling motor, and if Arnie is coming to Finley for Thanksgiving. Sarah clearly does not know about Arnie's predicament or has failed to contact anyone about it. Arnie gets sad thinking about missing Thanksgiving.
Craig also received an email:
- If the ship is powered by one or more higher dimensional objects, all Craig needs is to find a higher dimensional object like a Klein bottle and reverse his projection, casting his conscious shadow back to Earth. He hasn't found any objects like that, but there is a room with lots of non-Euclidean angles, where he stared until he passed out. There might be something in the Topaz Room, but he doesn't want to be in that room nor go into it.