Arnie is a human from Chicago on Earth. He fell through a dimensional portal behind the drive through at a Burger King and found himself in the magical land of Foon. He was in his Toyota Camry and had his podcasting equipment with him. He still gets a weak Wi-Fi signal from the Burger King through the rift, so he decided to host a weekly podcast from The Vermilion Minotaur, an inn in the town of Hogsface. His laptop stays powered thanks to Usidore's "miniscule lightning" spell.
He has a Cowboy World counterpart also named Arnie who seems to be better at math than Foon Arnie.
Arnie Niekamp plays himself.
Arnie has a wife and child back in Chicago. Many in Foon are under the impression that he's not trying too hard to get back to them, although he claims he is.
- "Carnival Wilson" is also the trickster name he was given by the namer Merlinda Flimpery, and he enjoys it very much.
- He is bad at math.
- A tapestry of him hangs in the Northeast. It features Arnie coming to Foon in a flame of glory among a pegasus and a unicorn, with Queen Titania perched in the corner with her ivory hands clutched to her bosoms, dewy with perspiration.
- He can do an impression of Joe Pesci that Chunt thinks is very accurate.
- His Offices & Bosses character is "Ryan DiGiorgi," the boss's son.
- He is also called "Fat Shaggy".
- Arnie's room at The Vermillion Minotaur is the third door to the right.
- The Mysterious Man has a robot version of Arnie which he says is a real person and totally not a robot at all.